There is a substance in the inner ear called earwax. This substance is responsible for protecting the ear from bacteria and other organisms which can cause harm. Also, it lubricates the ear and the ear canal. Sadly, and this happens quite often, earwax can build up and can cause dizziness, itchiness, irritation and pain in one or both ears. Certain people think that this occurs as a consequence of using cotton swabs for cleaning the ears. Namely, cotton swabs push the earwax deep into the ear canal. To add, people wearing earplugs and headphones on a regular basis are at higher risk of earwax deposits.
Naturally Remove Earwax Accumulation in This Way
Try as much as you can not to clean your ears with cotton swabs, just for a precaution, and try some of the following methods:
- Saline solution– take a cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of salt in in. Then, take a cotton ball, soak it in the solution and then drop a few drops into the ear. Make sure to tilt the head on one side and remain in this position till you feel the fluid infiltrating the ear canal. Next, you need to relocate your head to the opposite direction and use a napkin or a tissue to catch the fluid.
- Rubbing alcohol and vinegar– you need to make a mixture of equal amounts of these ingredients, soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply a few drops in each ear.
- Olive oil– you need to apply 3 drops of olive oil into the clogged ear before going to bed. However, make sure to sleep on the other side. Do this 4 consecutive nights.
- Glycerin-you need to apply 4 drops of glycerin in both of your ears. Do this 3 times on a daily basis.
- Hydrogen peroxide– make a mixture of equal amounts of 3% peroxide and water and apply a few drops in the ear that is clogged. Then, shake your head in a gentle manner. Await for a few minutes and then lean your head on the opposite side so that the fluid can drain out.
- Paraffin oil- you need to heat 3 tablespoons over a candle flame and apply a few drops into the ear which is affected. Then, lie down for a couple of minutes. Next, wash away any wax using warm water. Do this 3 consecutive days for ideal results.